Join HGAR and Become a REALTOR®
Plans and Pricing
At HGAR, every broker pays the same fair price, whether you're the managing broker, Designated Realtor or a salesperson. After your company joins HGAR, you can subscribe to the Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service.
- Agents access HGMLS for Free
- Responsible for Company Roster
Join with 2-5 Agents
- Agents access HGMLS for free
- $25 off Initiation Fee
Join with 6+ Agents
- Agents access HGMLS for free
- $50 off Initiation Fee
Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service Subscription
- $4 per listing
- More than 14,000 listings and access to 13,000+ productive agents
- Dozens of native tools in the MLS
- No change in business process to enter listings in HGMLS
- Industry-standard data feeds to power every type of real estate application
Does your company have more than 20 agents? Email email@example.com or call (212) 324-4045 for preferential pricing.
Annual member fees include local ($213), state ($100) and national Realtor ($185) dues. All dues are pro-rated based on the month you join HGAR, so you only pay for services received. Dues are billed annually, but pro-rated based on when you join. Realtor dues are not refundable. Additional fees may apply for lockbox access and other Association services. HGAR spends 92 percent of member dues on member services.
Already a Realtor? If your company is already a member of another Realtor association, you can join HGAR as a Designated Realtor and secondary member. In this case, you’ll only pay local dues to HGAR ($213). HGMLS subscription fees remain the same, regardless if your company is a primary or secondary member of HGAR.
Answers for Managing Brokers
Who is the Designated Realtor?
The company’s owner, principal broker or managing broker can be the Designated Realtor. If you're Broker A at REBNY, you should probably be the Designated Realtor for your company at HGAR. Associate brokers pay the same fees as residential salespeople, as does the managing broker.
Do all of my agents have to join?
The National Association of REALTORS® dictates that every agent in your office must join a Realtor association if your company joins. Please call us to discuss a Manhattan-only special program if you would like to try a membership in HGAR without committing your entire firm.
How much does it cost to be a Designated Realtor?
Designated Realtors pay the same fees as regular members to join HGAR and maintain their membership.
Does the membership fee for HGAR include fees to participate in HGMLS?
No. Your company must subscribe to HGMLS individually before your agents can access the MLS. Agents never pay a fee to participate in HGMLS. It costs $1,000 to join HGMLS, and is $165 per month thereafter plus listing fees.
How much are listing fees?
Each listing on HGMLS is subject to a one-time, per listing fee of $4 until the listing goes off the market. Every listing fee includes data verification, syndication to all major portals (at the broker/owner’s discretion), compliance, maintenance, and administrative support. And, of course, humans who pick up the phone to help you when you need it.
Big Benefits for Brokers
Access HGMLS — The Best MLS in New York State
- Access HGMLS, a true multiple listing service, with coverage in Manhattan, Bronx as well as Westchester and points north
- Comprehensive and accurate historical data about every building and unit in Manhattan, as well as sold data for every property in HGMLS back to 1997
- List properties anywhere in the HGMLS service area — Manhattan, Westchester, Bronx, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster and Sullivan Counties
- Ensure fair referrals and business practices with published cooperation and compensation with the MLS
- Selectively syndicate listings to all major portals, including Realtor.com, Homes.com, Zillow.com and hundreds of other venues
- Participate in HomeSnap (the Broker Public Portal)
- Track your agents’ productivity and activities on the MLS
- Track the performance of your listings across every syndication channel, and enable your agents to report results to their sellers
Grow Your Business with NewYorkMLS.com
- Enable your agents to collaborate with consumers using best-of-breed tools to share, favorite and track listings
- Enhance your brokerage’s exposure via an expanded profile page with your company’s profile, active and sold properties
Improve Your Skills with Top Flight Education
- All-inclusive education in your first year of HGAR membership to maintain your broker license (22.5 hours of online CE)
- Access hundreds more discounted online and in-person continuing education courses through HGEDU, the REALTOR affiliated school of real estate education in New York State.
Take Advantage of Realtor benefits
- Receive free legal advice and help from the New York State Association of REALTORS® (NYSAR) legal hotline
- Get mediation and arbitration through HGAR when you need help (we’ve got your back!)
- Automatic membership in the New York State Association of Realtors, as well as the National Association of Realtors
- Optional secondary/reciprocal membership in any Realtor association
- Optional secondary subscription to other MLSs in New York state and beyond
- Advance your career and connect with other real estate professionals by joining Realtor organizations including the Young Professionals Network, Women’s Council of Realtors, National Gay and Lesbian Professional Real Estate Association or the National Hispanic Real Estate Professionals Association
- Attend local, state and national Realtor events
- Attend and participate in our annual Global Summit, Manhattan's premier event for international real estate
Extra Benefits for Manhattan Brokers
Access a variety of valuable resources, available exclusively for new Manhattan members of the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®. All for less than the cost of a Starbucks a day.
First Year Bonus on Education
22.5 hours of free online CE are included in your membership. Take the right courses to maintain your New York real estate salesperson license anywhere, anytime, on your schedule.
Schedule a Discovery Call
Request a private demo to see how HGAR can help your brokerage.